If you are a homeowner, you have probably felt that the task of maintaining and cleaning your home is daunting and scary. But your home operates as a machine, so maintenance is an absolute must. Follow the steps of our checklist of maintenance tasks below and your house will thank you.
- Do a regular check on your roof and chimneys. Ensure that any damage or issue is fixed as soon as possible.
- Make sure you wash your windows and screens inside and out.
- Check that your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors work properly. If not, you need to replace them as soon as possible.
- Clean your patio and double check for any issues that need to be repaired.
- Stroll around your house checking for issues with the foundation, vents, gutters or drainpipes.
- Do a regular check on your fire extinguishers. Ensure there are no signs of wear and that the gauge indicates enough pressure. They need to be easily accessible and not blocked by other items.
- Check your boiler filters and replace them to make sure they are running properly.
- Inspect your tub and sink drains. If you find debris, you need to unclog it as soon as possible.
- Double-check that there are no leaks on doors or windows. Fix them using caulking or sealant if there are.
- Have an inspection on bugs and other pests. If you had this issue before, you need to hire a company regularly to deal with it.
All content in this material is for general information purposes only. It does not constitute personal advice or a recommendation to any individual or business of any product or service.